Friday, May 7, 2010

Kids...& water....oh my!

Seriously....what is the draw to getting soaked in your clothes? This is a mystery....and I am trying to pull on my memories from being a kid....did I like doing that too? I suppose every once and a while, it had it's thrill. I will be posting some lovely pictures of my children, and their sneaky ways of getting all soaked...when they thought mommy would not know.....little stinkers!!
They must be thrill seeking junkies, like their parents....hahahaha....esp. daddy!!
And when it is a super hot day out, like today...I guess there is absolutely NO HARM in it....except for when we're getting ready to leave to go somewhere....oh well. Life happens.
And I want to enjoy every moment...even the crazy ones!!
Hope you are having some thrilling, unexpected joyful moments with your children today, making wonderful memories...that will one day be truly cherished!!

Have a joyful day!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi Jessica,

Always good to read a post from you. Trusting all is well with you. Today I was out with my niece and nephew by the fountain in downtown Walnut Creek and they just wanted to get wet and then my niece helped me water Nana's plants and she just wanted to run under (and through) the "water rainbow". I read your post a few days ago or seems like a few days ago but it was before I went over to mom's today and my niece and nephew reminded me of your post. Those silly kids.

Have a great weekend. Continue to press onward still more dear sister. Miss you all!

The Meier Family said...

Thanks Shelly! Always good to hear from you! Kids r kids...and water play is all apart of it! Mud pies, water rainbows, pulling plants out of the ground....all of these things help them to discover how things work, motor skills...etc. and I know it...I just had a day when I was wishing they could learn just from sitting quietly reading a book, all clean & dry....and yes they learn that way too...but not so much at this age...they learn more from "Messy Play" right now....hahahaha! Glad you are doing well! Talk to you again I hope! :)