"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." Helen Keller
When I read this little quote, I reflected on "Motherhood"....only because, in the worlds eyes, being a stay at home Mom, is of little consequence... it holds very little to no value at all. Which if I did not know & love Jesus, I might also share these views.
But by God's saving grace & mercy, I do not share them at all, and God has revealed through scripture the wonderful & joyful & VERY NOBLE in His eye's, task of staying home to raise godly children, to point them always to the cross of Christ....to teach them to embrace it with deep gratitude, and to walk humbly in obedience with God daily....through every big & small event that takes place in life!
To take delight in the simple pleasures of creation that God has so graciously & plentifully blessed us with, surrounding us daily with the spectacular declarations of His beauty & glory!
This great task of teaching, guiding, instructing, training, & discipling our precious little sinners (our children)....is of GREAT & VERY HIGH VALUE to the KING of KINGS!!!
It pleases Him to see us mothers faithfully carrying out our daily, ordinary, seemingly mundane tasks around the home, and even when we are away from the home....our heart is what is always of great concern to Jesus, our Master!
So if God has blessed you with this most wonderful, difficult, joyful, and sometimes tearful task of "Motherhood"....may you NEVER find yourself complaining of what God has blessed you with...for it is NOT more than you or I can bear....it is exactly what God wants for us, to grow, stretch, & strengthen us, and to ulitmately conform us to be more like Jesus for eternity!!
This joyful task includes the many joys & wonders of the daily service to our beloved husbands as well...and first & foremost even....since our precious children are only welcomed members to our family....they do not equal the family. This is VERY important to keep in mind in our daily duties, and service unto the Lord, our husbands, and children...and others.
Praise God for the high calling of "Wifehood/ Motherhood" and of being a "Homemaker"!!
It is noble. It is a treasure. It is a delight. It is a joy. It is the hardest thing you'll ever do!!
And what better way would you or I want to shed tears or sweat over piles of laundry, dishes, diapers to be changed, potty training to be mastered, boo boo's to be kissed & cleaned, floors to be cleaned & vacuumed, beds to be made, dusting to be done, organizing to be conquered (a lifelong challenge I think!), grocery shopping, couponing, and the rest of the endless duties that are upon us daily....this is an honorable position God has placed us in...let us rejoice in it today!
For our children's heart's are a battle field....and there is a daily war over their tender souls! Let us NOT GROW WEARY IN DOING GOOD!! Fight strong! Fight Faithfully! And let the battle start & end on our knees before the Most Holy & Sovereign...who holds our children's soul's in the palm of His hand!
This is my noble task...and I am most thankful for it indeed!
The value is eternal!
What we do as "Homemaker's and Christian wives & mother's" is a heavenly calling....so do not forget who has given you this great position, and that it is to Him we will give an answer to for how our heart attitudes were throughout the endless ordinary days of service to the High King!
Let us PRESS ON...don't give up! Do NOT lay down on the battle field...keep at your task with all diligence...whether or not you have children in the home....whatever the task may be that God has portioned to you...do it with all diligence & endure through the darkest moments!! He is faithful, and He will finish what He has begun in you!!
Take courage! Be Steadfast! Walk with God daily...renewing your mind as a daughter of the Most High King, as a saved sinner, as a wife, a mother, a sister (inlaw), a neighbor, a friend...through faithful study of God's Holy Word! This will daily change you into His image! And your testimony will go beyond the walls of your home...and will declare to the world, God's inifinite glory!!
And is that not our goal? To glorify God? Absolutely!! :)
So be refreshed....take a deep breath...and go forth pressing onward to the final goal of reaching the prize! And know that what we are doing daily in our homes & away at times, is of great & noble value in the eye's of God our Maker!
{Hebrews 4:13; 12:28,29}
3 comments:
Thank you for posting this - it couldn't have come at a better time for me as I momentarily got on the computer to "escape" my disorganized mountain of laundry and closet clutter and as my toddler throws a fit over not getting more cake. Sometimes I consider that working women have it easier, but you set my perspective straight once more and it was so encouraging!!
-Jennie
P.S. This was so well written, you could submit it to a magazine.
I love you Jess and am very encouraged.
Jennie, thankyou for the compliment...but you just crack me up! I was just writing my thoughts for that day on that particular topic...which is a pressing topic everyday, to keep the "Right" perspective...it can be a challenge for all "stay at home" mommies...and it can be easy to forget what is true....so gentle thoughts & reminders are always wonderful to refresh the soul of a stay at home mom...we all need it!
So as I was writing, I was really talking to myself most of the time!
You are so sweet! And I am right there with you girl!
Thanks Amber for your sweet note of love, and feedback! Love you too! :)
Post a Comment