When I stop and think about my 32 years of life....and reflect on the people who have been involved in it over the course of time....it is interesting to remember those who I have met, and were close to for a time, and now have no idea of how they are doing or where they even are now. And still interesting, when I think of those I have known since early highschool, and are STILL friends with now....even if we don't live close to one another.
And then there are those who I have known for only a short time, and feel so very close to them....those are VERY RARE JEWELS indeed! But all in all, every single person that God brings into our lives, we can know for certain it is for a purpose that pleases God....whether it be for a short time to strengthen us (like a "Power punch" friendship) or for a more long term enduring friendship that will for sure be tested, but still be used for God's glory & our good!
Then there are some that come along that are designed for the purpose of pain in our life....and then it is over.
Those are hard ones to understand....but still all is being used for God's glory & our good!
Then of course, there are lifelong friendships, like a spouse, or children, parents, in laws....etc. you choose your spouse, and then must love whom you have chosen, and our children, we do not choose, nor any of the other relationships listed....but God is sovereign over every single one.....even the spouse we commit our lives to...God has His hand involved in every part of our life!! What a great comfort that is, we can rest in that truth!
I think sometimes, God allows particular people to flow into our lives, for specific targeted purposes to help us grow in our walk with Him.....whether that means it is someone who comes to be an encouragement, or someone who comes to exhort or even rebuke or leave us broken and humbled....in the end, it is all for God's glory!
May the friendships in your life that are being weaved today be used to display God's Great Glory and be used for your growth!
To God be the Glory forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment