shades of grace...this has been something that has been occupying my mind more these days...well i suppose it is always there in at least the back of my mind. But there are just seasons along this journey of life that seem to highlight our God's great character in different shades.
Maybe this is something unknown to you. But the longer you walk in this life, the longer you see sin run crazy in this world, the deep hurts, sorrows, pains of others and those that touch your own life....the more you will begin to see the different shades of grace.
Now who's grace am I even speaking of? I fail in many things, and am just a feeble creature, completely finite in all my features....but in this one small way, I must not fail. I cannot fail to declare clearly of WHO's grace of which I speak of. That would reduce any of these words to but trite and endearing feeble words.
I speak of the ONE TRUE GOD, the Creator of this entire world....it is HIS GRACE that floods my mind this peaceful afternoon. It is always of HIM that I would speak any words that offer any true encouragement, joy or comfort in this sick and dark world, where HE is the ONLY LIGHT! There is NO HOPE besides HIM, besides the work of His Son, Jesus on the cross at Calvary! Everything else is fleeting, and fades in light of Him & His glorious plan of redemption!
There is no greater thing that can fully captivate my heart, my mind, my strength, my soul....than when speaking of His Character...His Attributes. There is nothing more beautiful. Nothing more satisfying to my soul.
I will end these small thoughts about THE ONE TRUE GREAT GOD with a simple quote that I have come to cherish:
"I have learned to kiss the wave that throws me into the Rock of Ages."
Charles Spurgeon
May the Lord's face shine upon you today friend!
1 comment:
Hi Jessica and family! Beautiful post on God's grace. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hope all is well with all of you. His grace is sufficient and so abundant. I am seeing new and wonderful ways how God uses His grace in my life. Continue to prize Him as highest in your heart. With love and care, Shelly Werner
Post a Comment