Saturday, December 5, 2009

Hello World of Blogger Friends & Family! Have not forgotten about you!


I realize it has been about a million years since I was last on here....forgive the extreme delay. Life gets so crazy...and I forget about this little dandy way of communication...esp when there is Facebook, Twitter, email, texting, and all the other various ways of communication....this is one that I enjoy so very much too! Since I LOVE to journal....this is a sort of an "open book" journal to our family & all that goes on....so welcome back into it!


So, what has been going on in the Meier Family?

Alot of changes.

Good ones.

Unsure ones.

And what are we learning through it all?

Trust & Dependance on God alone!!


Here is a re-capture of the last several months:


1) Dave went from working at Trader Joes, to working at UPS, to working both at UPS & Delta Airlines, then quit UPS, and got on with Rural Metro Ambulance Service & was there along with Delta, when that came into conflict, he left Delta, and is now working at Rural Met & another Ambulance service, Hartline EMS, all the while was also in school. (nuts I know)


2) Dave graduated from EMS school in April. Got his license here in GA & got his National license to work as an EMT in May. He has been serving in Public Safety now since July 2009. And we hope to be on the Fire Dept sometime early 2010 or sooner. He will then work as Fire/Rescue/EMS.


3) We still live in Georgia (thankfully). And are still at our home address (if you don't have it & are our friends and would like to get it, please email me, and I will send it to you for your records.)


4.) We still are the delighted parents of 3 lively children; Caleb , Nyla & Joshua!


5) Caleb & Nyla turned 4 this year! Hard to believe sometimes that we have made it this far!

* It is all by God's faithful grace pouring out in our lives, that sustains us daily!!!*


6) Joshua turned 1 in June. We are all so very in love with this little daredevil happy go lucky boy! He scares mommy alot of the time, only b/c he shows NO FEAR of ANYTHING....but overall, he is such a sweet & loving little guy, and we can't adore him more!!! We are so thankful that God has brought this little precious addition to our family unit!
I must say, that I really am loving being the mother of 2 boys...it is a challenge alot of the time, but overall, they seem very relaxed & eager to learn about EVERYTHING IN LIFE! It is such a sweet honor to be these boys Mommy.


7) Caleb; is a normal & typical 4 year old boy. He loves outside. He loves trains. He loves to get into trouble. He is a wonderful "Mommy Helper". He is a loving older brother & sweet brother to Nyla as well....though they have their moments of "testiness"...but they are both learning to grow in kindness toward one another, and what it means to "Forgive" a transgression. It is a joy to witness these little BIG moments in their lives at such a young age.


8) Nyla ; our Princess & sometimes a bit of a Diva (scares daddy & yet makes us both just smile). She is so very FULL of LIFE, curious about EVERYTHING, loves to understand why someone is crying, sad, or distressed over anything. She is our senstive blessing. She cares tenderly about others.....most of the time. We do see in her the ability to be very naughty too though...and we are working diligently on that with her, all by God's grace & mercy daily. it is funny too, b/c she already has such a sense of style...really cracks me up sometimes...but I love it! And am enjoying just nuturing her & all her precious qualities.


9) Mommy ; well...she is just most of the time very busy juggling various tasks. She likes to call it "Triage work of a homemaker, wife, mommy". And it is true. If it is not urgent, it can wait.

Then there is the very recent discovery of the wonderful world (or as mommy likes to say, the "secret society" of couponers) of COUPONERS!! It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but I am learning to just take one bite at a time, and learn as I go...not try & learn it all in one sitting.

But i am so very excited about SAVING MONEY for our family!! And we're talking big bucks each month I can save....in otherwords, the "pennies do add up" for REAL!!

Mommy, loves to sleep when the day is over...I think that has become her favorite thing to do.

Well, that and read, and journal (hence what I am doing right now!)...then it is off to bed!


10) Last but not least...as many of you know, Dave has a goal to get on with the Fire Dept. somewhere...we have been dropping applications in everywhere lately....and have been jumping through various hoops to get to a "Chief's Interview"....and finally this coming Wed., Dec.9th, 2009, Dave has one @ 10am! But that does NOT mean he has the job...it just means he is way closer to it becoming a reality for us! So if you read this by then...and think of him, please pray for him...he wants this real bad, but also has recently learned to hold every desire with an open hand...and just keep yielding it up to the Lord, as it is His Pleasure we ultimately desire.

Thankyou friends & family for taking time to read a summary update on the Meier family. Hope it did not bore you too badly.


It is our joy to share our lives with you!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Hi Jessica,
What a wonderful update. Thank you for sharing with us and giving us a look into your lives. Praise the Lord for all the wonderful things going on and how uniquely God created each of your little blessings. I will try to remember to pray for Dave's interview.

Continue to press on still more dear sister.

With love and care,
Shelly

Tiffany said...

Very cool. Love the pics!

Tiffany said...

Very cool. Love the pics!